ZMerge administration database could allow unauthorized script access
|zmerge-admindb-script-access (10057)||Medium Risk|
ZMerge could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to import or export data scripts. By default, the administration database grants "Manager" access to all users.This could allow an attacker with a ZMerge account to view or modify script data.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- Granite Software, Inc. Web site: Granite Software, Inc. -ReportLogic, ZMerge and more.
- Rapid 7, Inc. Security Advisory R7-0005: Granite Software ZMerge Administration Database Insecure Default ACLs.
- BID-5101: Zmerge Administration Database Insecure Default Access Control List
- CVE-2002-0664: The default Access Control Lists (ACLs) of the administration database for ZMerge 4.x and 5.x provides arbitrary users (including anonymous users) with Manager level access, which allows the users to read or modify import/export scripts.
- OSVDB ID: 11911: ZMerge for Lotus Domino Admin Database ACL Unprivileged Script Access
- Granite Software ZMerge 4.x
- Granite Software ZMerge 5.x
Sep 06, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this