ht://Check "Server:" header cross-site scripting
|htcheck-server-header-xss (10089)||Medium Risk|
ht://Check is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. The PHP interface fails to properly filter HTML tags before displaying a Web server's "Server:" headers after scanning the server for dead links. A remote attacker with control over a Web server that is being scanned for dead links could insert HTML tags into the "Server:" headers to redirect users to a malicious Web site containing malicious script that would be executed in the victim's Web browser.
For Debian GNU/Linux:
Upgrade to the latest htcheck package, as listed below. Refer to DSA-169-1 for more information. See References.
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody): 1.1-1.1 or later
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Thu Sep 12 2002 - 03:59:05 CDT: ht://Check XSS .
- BID-5699: ht://Check Web Header Script Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1195: Cross-site scripting vulnerability (XSS) in the PHP interface for ht://Check 1.1 allows remote web servers to insert arbitrary HTML, including script, via a web page.
- DSA-169: htcheck -- cross site scripting
- OSVDB ID: 9226: ht://Check PHP Interface Web Page XSS
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- ht://Dig Group ht://Check 1.1
Sep 12, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this