Invision Power Board phpinfo.php information disclosure
|invision-phpinfo-information-disclosure (10178)||Low Risk|
Invision Power Board could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. After installation, the phpinfo.php script which calls phpinfo(), is left Web-accessible. A remote attacker could send a URL request to this script to obtain sensitive system information, including system variables, path names, software, and platform versions.
No remedy available as of September 4, 2010.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Sep 24 2002 - 17:11:55 CDT : Information Disclosure with Invision Board installation (fwd) .
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Sep 25 2002 - 07:02:35 CDT: Re: Information Disclosure with Invision Board installation (fwd).
- Invision Power Services Web site: Invision Power Board: Forum Software Free to Use.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Thu Feb 27 2003 - 13:10:23 CST : Invision Power Board (PHP).
- BID-5789: Invision Board PHPINFO.PHP Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- BID-579: NT IIS Malformed HTTP Request Header DoS Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1149: The installation procedure for Invision Board suggests that users install the phpinfo.php program under the web root, which leaks sensitive information such as absolute pathnames, OS information, and PHP settings.
- OSVDB ID: 3356: Invision Power Board phpinfo.php Information Disclosure
- Invision Power Invision Power Board 1.1
Sep 24, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this