WN Server overly long GET request buffer overflow
|wn-server-get-bo (10223)||High Risk|
WN Server is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By sending an overly long GET request to the HTTP server, a remote attacker could bypass character filtering to overflow a buffer and execute code on the system with the privileges of the server.
Upgrade to the latest version of WN Server (2.4.4 or later), available from the WN Server Web site. See References.
- iDEFENSE Security Advisory 09.30.2002: Buffer Overflow in WN Server.
- WN Server Web site: WN --a server for the HTTP.
- BID-5831: WN Server Malformed GET Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1166: Buffer overflow in John Franks WN Server 1.18.2 through 2.0.0 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long GET request.
- OSVDB ID: 9836: John Franks WN Server Long GET Request Remote Overflow
- John Franks WN Server 1.18.2 - 2.0.0
Sep 30, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this