CoolForum avatar.php could be used to view PHP file contents
|coolforum-avatar-view-php (10237)||Medium Risk|
CoolForum could allow a remote attacker to view the contents of PHP files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the avatar.php file containing the path to another PHP file as the image parameter, which would cause the contents of the specified PHP file to be returned. An attacker could then use this information to launch further attacks against the affected server.
Upgrade to the latest version of CoolForum (0.5.2 beta or later), available from the CoolForum Web site. See References.
- CoolForum Web site: CoolForum Download.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Tue Oct 01 2002 - 16:18:28 CDT : CoolForum v 0.5 beta shows content of PHP files .
- BID-5973: CoolForum Source Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1515: Directory traversal vulnerability in avatar.php in CoolForum 0.5 beta allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via .. (dot dot) sequences in the img parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 6516: CoolForum avatar.php Arbitrary File Access
- SORIANO Denis / Cool Coyote CoolForum 0.5 beta
Oct 01, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this