HP Tru64 UNIX /usr/sbin/routed unauthorized file access
|tru64-routed-file-access (10316)||Medium Risk|
Hewlett-Packard (formerly Compaq) Tru64 UNIX could allow a remote or local attacker to gain unauthorized access to files on the system. This is caused by a vulnerability in the /usr/sbin/routed binary.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in Compaq SECURITY BULLETIN SSRT2208. See References.
- Compaq SECURITY BULLETIN SSRT2208: HP Tru64 UNIX /usr/sbin/routed Potential Security Vulnerability. (From Neohapsis archive)
- Hewlett-Packard Web site: HP Support.
- BID-5913: HP Tru64 Unspecifed Remote Route Daemon Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1202: Unknown vulnerability in routed for HP Tru64 UNIX V4.0F through V5.1A allows local and remote attackers to read arbitrary files.
- OSVDB ID: 14510: HP Tru64 UNIX Unspecified Arbitrary File Access
- Compaq Tru64 4.0f
- Compaq Tru64 4.0g
- Compaq Tru64 5.0a
- Compaq Tru64 5.1
- Compaq Tru64 5.1a
Oct 07, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this