Sabre Desktop Reservation Software Sabserv client denial of service
|sabre-sabserv-client-dos (10378)||Medium Risk|
Sabre Desktop Reservation Software is vulnerable to a denial of service attack in the Sabserv client. If a remote attacker sends arbitrary data to TCP port 1001, the attacker could cause the client to become disconnected from the Sabre gateway. The Sabserv client must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
Contact Sabre Product Support for information on obtaining an upgrade. See References.
- iDEFENSE Security Advisory 10.16.02: Denial of Service in Sabre Desktop Reservation Client for Windows.
- BID-5974: Sabre Desktop Reservation Software Client Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1191: The Sabserv client component in Sabre Desktop Reservation Software 4.2 through 4.4 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via malformed input to TCP port 1001.
- OSVDB ID: 6555: Sabre Desktop Reservation Software Sabserv Client TCP Port 1001 DoS
- Sabre Sabre Desktop Reservation Software 4.2
- Sabre Sabre Desktop Reservation Software 4.3
- Sabre Sabre Desktop Reservation Software 4.4
Oct 16, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this