Caldera (SCO) OpenUnix and UnixWare rcp of /proc denial of service
|openunix-unixware-rcp-dos (10425)||Medium Risk|
Caldera (SCO) OpenUnix is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A local attacker with limited system privileges could issue an rcp of /proc to cause the system to become unstable and crash.
Denial of Service
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in SCO Security Advisory CSSA-2002-SCO.41. See References.
- Caldera International, Inc. Security Advisory CSSA-2002-SCO.41: UnixWare 7.1.1 Open UNIX 8.0.0 : rcp of /proc causes denial-of-service.
- BID-6025: SCO UnixWare/OpenUnix Proc File System RCP Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1231: SCO UnixWare 7.1.1 and Open UNIX 8.0.0 allows local users to cause a denial of service via an rcp call on /proc.
- OSVDB ID: 8876: Open UNIX/UnixWare RCP /proc Call Local DoS
- SCO Caldera OpenUnix 8.0.0
- SCO Caldera UnixWare 7.1.1
Oct 21, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this