IBM Web Traffic Express (WTE) HTTP header injection cross-site scripting
|ibm-wte-header-injection (10454)||Medium Risk|
For IBM Web Traffic Express 4.x:
Apply efix build 22.214.171.124 or later, available from the IBM FTP site. Refer to Rapid 7, Inc. Security Advisory R7-0007 for more information. See References.
For IBM Web Traffic Express 3.6:
Contact IBM Technical Support for information on obtaining an upgrade or patch. See References.
- IBM Web site: WebSphere Edge Server - Product Overview - IBM Software.
- IBM Web site: IBM Support & downloads - United States.
- Rapid 7, Inc. Security Advisory R7-0008: IBM WebSphere Edge Server Caching Proxy Cross-Site Scripting Issues.
- BID-6001: IBM Websphere Edge Server HTTP Header Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1168: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in IBM Web Traffic Express Caching Proxy Server 3.6 and 4.x before 126.96.36.199 allows remote attackers to execute script as other users via an HTTP request that contains an Location: header with a %0a%0d (CRLF) sequence, which echoes the Location as an HTTP header in the server response.
- OSVDB ID: 9225: IBM Web Traffic Express Caching Proxy Server Location: Header XSS
- IBM WebSphere Caching Proxy Server 3.6
- IBM WebSphere Caching Proxy Server 4.0
Oct 23, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this