Ipswitch WS_FTP Server FTP bounce attack
|wsftp-ftp-bounce (10494)||Medium Risk|
WS_FTP Server is vulnerable to an FTP bounce attack using the PORT command. In an FTP bounce attack, the FTP client specifies a different IP address than its own to trick the FTP server into making a connection and sending data to another host on the network. This creates the appearance that the computer is being probed or attacked by the FTP server, when in fact, it is the FTP client that is indirectly attacking it.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Oct 25 2002 - 09:06:34 CDT : IPSwitch, Inc. WS_FTP Server.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Oct 25 2002 - 12:38:29 CDT: Re: IPSwitch, Inc. WS_FTP Server.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Oct 26 2002 - 02:41:03 CDT: Re: IPSwitch, Inc. WS_FTP Server.
- Ipswitch Web site: WS_FTP Server - Patches & Upgrades.
- BID-6050: IPSwitch WS_FTP Server FTP Bounce Vulnerability
- Ipswitch WS_FTP Server 3.1.3
Oct 25, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this