Cisco ONS could allow FTP access with no account
|cisco-ons-ftp-no-account (10505)||High Risk|
Cisco ONS15454 optical transport hardware and Cisco ONS15327 edge optical transport hardware running Cisco ONS software could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized FTP access. A remote attacker could use a non-existent username and password to gain unauthorized FTP access to the TCC, TCC+, or XTC interfaces. The attacker could use this vulnerability to upload malicious configuration files or delete software images.
Refer to Cisco Security Advisory 2002 October 31 at 1600 UTC for workaround information or information on obtaining a software upgrade. See References.
- Cisco Systems Inc. Security Advisory, 2002 October 31 at 1600 UTC: Cisco ONS15454 and Cisco ONS15327 Vulnerabilities.
- BID-6073: Cisco ONS15454/ONS15327 Optical Transport Platforms Multiple Vulnerabilities
- BID-6076: Cisco ONS15454/ONS15327 Optical Transport Platforms Unauthorized FTP Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1553: Cisco ONS15454 and ONS15327 running ONS before 3.4 allows remote attackers to modify the system configuration and delete files by establishing an FTP connection to the TCC, TCC+ or XTC using a username and password that does not exist.
- OSVDB ID: 8879: Cisco ONS FTP TCC/XTC Invalid Authentication System Modification
- Cisco ONS 15327 3.0
- Cisco ONS 15327 3.1
- Cisco ONS 15327 3.2
- Cisco ONS 15327 3.3
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.0
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.1.0
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.2.0
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.3
Oct 31, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this