Cisco ONS malformed HTTP request denial of service
|cisco-ons-http-dos (10509)||Medium Risk|
Cisco ONS15454 and ONS15454E optical transport hardware and Cisco ONS15327 edge optical transport hardware running Cisco ONS software could allow a remote attacker to launch a denial of service attack against the TCC, TCC+, TCCi, or XTC interface. If a remote attacker sends a malformed HTTP request that does not begin with a forward-slash character (/), the attacker could cause the targeted interface to reset.
Denial of Service
Refer to Cisco Security Advisory 2002 October 31 at 1600 UTC for workaround information or information on obtaining a software upgrade. See References.
- Cisco Systems Inc. Security Advisory, 2002 October 31 at 1600 UTC: Cisco ONS15454 and Cisco ONS15327 Vulnerabilities.
- BID-6073: Cisco ONS15454/ONS15327 Optical Transport Platforms Multiple Vulnerabilities
- BID-6082: Cisco ONS15454/ONS15327 Optical Transport Platforms HTTP Request Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1557: Cisco ONS15454 and ONS15327 running ONS before 3.4 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (reset to TCC, TCC+, TCCi or XTC) via a malformed HTTP request that does not contain a leading / (slash) character.
- OSVDB ID: 8926: Cisco ONS Malformed HTTP Request DoS
- Cisco ONS 15327 3.0
- Cisco ONS 15327 3.1
- Cisco ONS 15327 3.2
- Cisco ONS 15327 3.3
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.0
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.1.0
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.2.0
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.3
Oct 31, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this