Linksys EtherFast gozila.cgi remote management interface denial of service
|linksys-etherfast-gozila-dos (10514)||Medium Risk|
Linksys EtherFast is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, if the remote Web management interface has been enabled. If a remote attacker requests the gozila.cgi script without supplying any arguments, the attacker could cause the router to crash. The router must be reset to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest firmware version (1.43 or later), available from the Linksys Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Nov 07 2002 - 08:59:29 CST: Linksys security contact.
- iDEFENSE Security Advisory 10.31.02a: Denial of Service Vulnerability in Linksys BEFSR41 EtherFast Cable/DSL Router.
- Linksys Web site: Linksys: Firmware Upgrades.
- BID-6086: Linksys BEFSR41 Gozila.CGI Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1236: The remote management web server for Linksys BEFSR41 EtherFast Cable/DSL Router before firmware 1.42.7 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via an HTTP request to Gozila.cgi without any arguments.
- OSVDB ID: 6740: Linksys BEFSR41 Gozila.cgi No Argument Remote DoS
- Linksys BEFSR41 1.40.2
- Linksys BEFSR41 1.41
- Linksys BEFSR41 1.42.3
- Linksys BEFSR41 1.42.7
Oct 31, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this