Prometheus could allow an attacker to execute remote PHP code
|prometheus-php-file-include (10515)||Medium Risk|
Prometheus could allow a remote attacker to execute commands on the Web server, caused by a lack of filtering by the all.lib library. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted URL request to the index.php, install.php, or test_*.php script that references a malicious remote autoload.lib or prometheus-lib.path file, which could allow the attacker to execute commands on the server with privileges of the Web server process.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, 2002-11-01 2:14:32: iDEFENSE Security Advisory 10.31.02b: Prometheus Application Framework Code Injection.
- iDEFENSE Security Advisory 10.31.02b: Prometheus Application Framework Code Injection.
- Prometheus Web site: Prometheus Project.
- BID-6087: Jason Orcutt Prometheus Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1211: Prometheus 6.0 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a modified PROMETHEUS_LIBRARY_BASE that points to code stored on a remote server, which is then used in (1) index.php, (2) install.php, or (3) various test_*.php scripts.
- OSVDB ID: 14495: Prometheus all.lib PHP Code Execution
- Jason Orcutt Prometheus 3.0-beta
- Jason Orcutt Prometheus 4.0-beta
- Jason Orcutt Prometheus 6.0
Oct 31, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this