Pablo FTP Server malformed username format string denial of service
|pablo-ftp-username-dos (10532)||Medium Risk|
Pablo Software Solutions FTP Server is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by improper validation of user-supplied authentication credentials. If a remote attacker attempts to log on to the FTP server with a username containing a format specifier, the attacker could cause the server to crash. It may be possible for an attacker to exploit this vulnerability to execute code on the system.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Pablo FTP Server (1.51 or later), available from Pablo Software Solutions Web site. See References.
- iDEFENSE Security Advisory 11.04.02a: Pablo FTP Server DoS Vulnerability.
- Pablo Software Solutions Web site: FTP Server.
- BID-6099: Pablo Software Solutions FTP Server Format String Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1244: Format string vulnerability in Pablo FTP Server 1.5, 1.3, and possibly other versions, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code via format strings in the USER command.
- OSVDB ID: 4996: Pablo FTP Server Username Format String
- Pablo Software Solutions Pablo FTP Server 1.2
- Pablo Software Solutions Pablo FTP Server 1.3
- Pablo Software Solutions Pablo FTP Server 1.5
Nov 04, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this