Xeneo Web Server PHP version malformed HTTP request denial of service
|xeneo-php-dos (10534)||Medium Risk|
Xeneo Web Server is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. If a remote attacker sends a URL request to the Web server appended with a URL encoded character (%), the attacker could cause the Web server to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Xeneo Web Server (2.2.10 or later), available from the Northern Solutions Web site. See References.
- iDEFENSE Security Advisory 11.04.02b: Denial of Service Vulnerability in Xeneo Web Server.
- Northern Solutions Web site: Xeneo Web Server.
- BID-6098: Northern Solutions Xeneo Web Server Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1248: Northern Solutions Xeneo Web Server 220.127.116.11, 2.0.759.6, and other versions before 2.1.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a GET request for a % URI.
- OSVDB ID: 14516: Xeneo Web Server Malformed GET Request DoS
- Northern Solutions Xeneo Web Server 2.0.759.6
- Northern Solutions Xeneo Web Server 2.2.9 and prior
Nov 04, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this