HP TruCluster Server Interconnect denial of service
|hp-trucluster-interconnect-dos (10551)||Medium Risk|
Hewlett-Packard TruCluster Server is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by a vulnerability in the HP TruCluster Server Interconnect software. A remote or local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the server to crash. The server must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in Compaq.com - Security Bulletin: SRB0045W. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, 2002-11-05 17:17:23: [security bulletin] SSRT2265 HP TruCluster Server Interconnect.
- Compaq.com - Security Bulletin: SRB0045W: SSRT2265 HP TruCluster Server Interconnect Potential Security Vulnerability.
- BID-6102: HP TruCluster Server Cluster Interconnect Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0711: Unknown vulnerability in Cluster Interconnect for HP TruCluster Server 5.0A, 5.1, and 5.1A may allow local and remote attackers to cause a denial of service.
- OSVDB ID: 11366: HP TruCluster Server Cluster Interconnect Unspecified DoS
- HP TruCluster Server 5.0a
- HP TruCluster Server 5.1
- HP TruCluster Server 5.1a
Nov 05, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this