MasqMail multiple buffer overflows
|masqmail-bo (10605)||High Risk|
MasqMail is vulnerable to multiple buffer overflows. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain root privileges on the system.
For Debian GNU/Linux:
Upgrade to the latest masqmail package, as listed below. Refer to DSA 194-1 for more information. See References.
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody): 0.1.16-2.1 or later
- MasqMail Web site: MasqMail.
- BID-6164: MasqMail Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1279: Multiple buffer overflows in conf.c for Masqmail 0.1.x before 0.1.17, and 0.2.x before 0.2.15, allow local users to gain privileges via certain entries in the configuration file (-C option).
- DSA-194: masqmail -- buffer overflows
- OSVDB ID: 14519: MasqMail -C Parameter Multiple Local Overflows
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- Innominate MasqMail
Nov 12, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this