QNX RTOS improper permissions
|qnx-rtos-improper-permissions (10656)||Medium Risk|
QNX Neutrino real-time operating system (RTOS) with certain patches or packages installed could set improper permissions on certain files. This vulnerability could allow a local attacker to gain read and write permissions to these files.
The following files are affected by this vulnerability:
With the OS Update Patch A installed:
With the QNX experimental patches installed:
With the CPIM/VPIM package installed:
With the Phrelaycfg package installed:
With the Games package installed:
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Nov 18 2002 - 21:47:26 CST : Multiple incorrect permissions in QNX. .
- QNX Software System Web site: QNX Software Systems.
- BID-6206: QNX Multiple Program Insecure Default Permissions Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-2407: Certain patches for QNX Neutrino realtime operating system (RTOS) 6.2.0 set insecure permissions for the files (1) /sbin/io-audio by OS Update Patch A, (2) /bin/shutdown, (3) /sbin/fs-pkg, and (4) phshutdown by QNX experimental patches, (5) cpim, (6) vpim, (7) phrelaycfg, and (8) columns, (9) othello, (10) peg, (11) solitaire, and (12) vpoker in the games pack 2.0.3, which allows local users to gain privileges by modifying the files before permissions are changed.
- OSVDB ID: 60250: QNX RTOS OS Update Patch A /sbin/io-audio Permission Weakness Local Privilege Escalation
- OSVDB ID: 60251: QNX RTOS Experimental Patches Multiple File Permission Weakness Local Privilege Escalation
- OSVDB ID: 60252: QNX RTOS Game Pack Multiple File Permission Weakness Local Privilege Escalation
- QNX QNX Neutrino RTOS 6.2.0
Nov 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this