IBM Lotus Domino server could allow an attacker to obtain sensitive system information
|lotus-domino-information-disclosure (10685)||Low Risk|
Lotus Domino server could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive system information. A remote attacker could send a request to the Domino server, which would cause information about the server to be returned in the HTTP headers of the reply, such as the release version, build date, and operating system of the Web server. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected server.
Edit notes.ini and add "DominoNoBanner=1". In versions of Domino previous to 5.0.9, the DominoNoBanner flag removes the Domino version, build date, and operating system from HTTP headers.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Sep 20 2001 - 07:17:54 CDT: Re: lotus domino server 5.08 is very gabby.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Sep 19 2001 - 01:47:40 CDT: lotus domino server 5.08 is very gabby.
- Lotus Web site: Lotus Developer Domain: Notes/Domino Fix List Database - Search Results.
- CVE-2000-1215: The default configuration of Lotus Domino server 5.0.8 includes system information (version, operating system, and build date) in the HTTP headers of replies, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information.
- OSVDB ID: 19096: IBM Lotus Domino Server HTTP Header Information Disclosure
- US-CERT VU#984555: Default installations of the Lotus Domino web server disclose system information via HTTP headers
- IBM Lotus Domino 5.0.8
Sep 19, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this