GoAhead ASP script source disclosure
|goahead-script-source-disclosure (10885)||Medium Risk|
GoAhead WebServer could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by improper filtering of special characters in URL requests. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request for a known Active Server Pages (ASP) script appended with a (/), (\), (%20) or (%00) character to bypass character filtering and obtain the source code for the requested script.
Upgrade to the latest version of GoAhead WebServer, or at least up to version 2.1.8, available on the GoAhead Software Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Dec 17 2003 - 08:06:31 CST: Server side scripts viewing in Goahead webserver <= 2.1.7.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:27:31 -0600: Ho Ho H0-Day - ZyXEL P-330W multiple XSS and XSRF vulnerabilities.
- GoAhead Software Web site: GoAhead WebServer.
- ProCheckUp Security Bulletin PR02-13: Goahead Webserver 2.12 and prior program source code reading vulnerability. .
- BID-9239: GoAhead Webserver ASP Script File Source Code Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1603: GoAhead Web Server 2.1.7 and earlier allows remote attackers to obtain the source code of ASP files via a URL terminated with a /, \, %2f (encoded /), %20 (encoded space), or %00 (encoded null) character, which returns the ASP source code unparsed.
- OSVDB ID: 13295: GoAhead WebServer Crafted File Request Script Source Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 43168: GoAhead WebServer goform/QuickStart_c0 typepassword Field Password Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 54118: Rockwell Automation ControlLogix 1756-ENBT/A EtherNet/IP Bridge Module Web Interface Unspecified Information Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 56425: GoAhead WebServer Extra Slash Request Authentication Bypass
- SA7741: GoAhead WebServer Script Source Code Disclosure Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1005820: GoAhead WebServer Discloses Script Source Code to Remote Users
- US-CERT VU#124059: GoAhead WebServer information disclosure and authentication bypass vulnerabilities
- US-CERT VU#975041: GoAhead Web Server discloses source code of ASP files via crafted URL
- GoAhead GoAhead WebServer 2.1.2
- GoAhead GoAhead WebServer prior to 2.17
- Microsoft Windows CE
- QNX QNX Neutrino RTOS
- Wind River VxWorks
- ZyXEL P-330W
Dec 17, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this