Sun Solaris FTP server denial of service
|solaris-ftpd-dos (11186)||Medium Risk|
The Solaris FTP Server (in.ftpd(1M)) in Sun Solaris is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote or local attacker could send a specially-crafted command to the server to cause the FTP server to lose functionality for a period of time and stop responding to legitimate active mode FTP client requests.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Sun Alert ID: 50240: Solaris FTP Server (in.ftpd(1M)) is Vulnerable to Denial of Service Attack.
- BID-6709: Solaris in.ftpd Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-1075: Unknown vulnerability in the FTP server (in.ftpd) for Solaris 2.6 through 9 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (temporary FTP server hang), which affects other active mode FTP clients.
- OSVDB ID: 15143: Solaris in.ftpd Unspecified Remote DoS
- SA7968: Solaris FTP server Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1005996: Sun Solaris `in.ftpd` FTP Server Can Be Temporarily Hung By Remote Users
- Sun Solaris 2.6
- Sun Solaris 7.0
- Sun Solaris 8
- Sun Solaris 9
Jan 27, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this