Courier-IMAP authpgsqllib username SQL injection
|courierimap-authmysqllib-sql-injection (11213)||Medium Risk|
Courier-IMAP is vulnerable to SQL injection in the authlib/authpgsqllib.c PostgreSQL authentication module, caused by improper validation of usernames. If a remote attacker attempts to authenticate with a specially-crafted username, the attacker could modify the logic of underlying SQL queries and add, modify, or delete data from the backend PostgreSQL database.
Upgrade to the latest version of Courier-IMAP (1.7.0 or later), available from the Inter7 Internet Technologies Web site. See References.
For Debian Linux:
Upgrade to the latest courier-authpostgresql package, as listed below. Refer to DSA-247-1for more information. See References.
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody): 0.37.3-3.3 or later
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- Inter7 Internet Technologies Web site: Package: Courier-IMAP.
- Inter7 Internet Technologies Web site: Courier-IMAP.
- SourceForge.net: Project: Courier Mail Server: Release Notes .
- BID-6738: Courier-IMAP Username SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-0040: SQL injection vulnerability in the PostgreSQL auth module for courier 0.40 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute SQL code via the user name.
- DSA-247: courier-ssl -- missing input sanitizing
- OSVDB ID: 9506: PostgreSQL Auth Module For Courier User Name Parameter SQL Injection
- Courier-MTA Courier-IMAP 1.6.2 and prior
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
Jan 23, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this