Sun Solaris mail(1) could allow unauthorized access to other user`s email
|solaris-mail-unauthorized-access (11303)||Medium Risk|
Sun Solaris could allow a local attacker with limited system privileges to gain read access to other user's email, caused by a vulnerability in the mail(1) command. An attacker could use this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed below. Refer to Sun Alert ID: 50751 for more information. See References.
Solaris 2.6: 109266-05 or later
Solaris 7: 109253-07 or later
Solaris 8: 111874-06 or later
Solaris 9: 114133-01 or later
Solaris 2.6: 109267-05 or later
Solaris 7: 109254-07 or later
Solaris 8: 111875-06 or later
Solaris 9: 114134-01 or later
- Sun Alert ID: 50751: Security Vulnerability in mail(1) in Solaris.
- BID-6838: Sun Microsystems Solaris Mail Reading Local Race Condition Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-1080: Unknown vulnerability in mail for Solaris 2.6 through 9 allows local users to read the email of other users.
- OSVDB ID: 15144: Solaris mail Arbitrary Mail Spool Access
- SA8058: Sun Solaris disclosure of other user`s email
- SECTRACK ID: 1006084: Sun Solaris `mail` Application May Disclose User E-mails to Other Local Users
- Sun Solaris 2.6
- Sun Solaris 7.0
- Sun Solaris 8
- Sun Solaris 9
Feb 11, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this