Sun Solaris UDP RPC denial of service
|solaris-udp-rpc-dos (11368)||Medium Risk|
Sun Solaris is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by improper memory allocation in response to UDP RPC (Remote Procedure Call) packets. A remote attacker could send malformed UDP RPC packets to the system to consume all available memory resources, which would cause the system to become unresponsive.
Denial of Service
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed below. Refer to Sun Alert ID: 50626 for more information. See References.
Solaris 2.6: 105401-41
Solaris 7: 106942-24
Solaris 8: 108827-36
Solaris 9: 113319-04
Solaris 2.6: 105402-41
Solaris 7: 106943-24
Solaris 8: 108828-37
- Sun Alert ID: 50626: Certain UDP RPC Packets May Cause a Denial of Service.
- BID-6883: Sun Solaris UDP RPC Packet Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-1079: Unknown vulnerability in UDP RPC for Solaris 2.5.1 through 9 for SPARC, and 2.5.1 through 8 for x86, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) via certain arguments in RPC calls that cause large amounts of memory to be allocated.
- OSVDB ID: 15145: Solaris UDP RPC Malformed RPC Call Remote DoS
- SA8092: Sun Solaris UDP RPC Packet DoS
- SECTRACK ID: 1006131: Sun Solaris rpcbind Bug Lets Remote Users Deny Service on the System
- Sun Solaris 2.5.1
- Sun Solaris 2.5.1 x86
- Sun Solaris 2.6
- Sun Solaris 2.6 x86
- Sun Solaris 7.0 x86
- Sun Solaris 7.0
- Sun Solaris 8 x86
- Sun Solaris 8.0
- Sun Solaris 9 SPARC
Feb 18, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this