AMX transmits rcon password in plain text
|amx-rcon-password-plaintext (11428)||Medium Risk|
AMX transmits the rcon (remote console) password in plain text. If a remote attacker uses a sniffing tool once the rcon password is being transmitted, the attacker can obtain the password and gain unauthorized access to the game server. Servers that use the Half Life Server Watch (HLSW) tool to control rcon are also vulnerable.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- AMX Web site: :: amx mod ::.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Sep 18 2003 - 14:02:22 CDT: Rcon Vulnerbility - Plaintext.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 26 2003 - 12:23:31 CST : [VSA0308] Half-Life AMX-Mod remote (root) hole .
- BID-8651: HLSW RCON Console Password Disclosure Weakness
- AMXmod.net AMX 0.9.2 and prior
Feb 26, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this