OneOrZero Helpdesk install.php unauthorized administrative access
|oneorzero-helpdesk-admin-access (12029)||Medium Risk|
OneOrZero Helpdesk could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized administrative access to the program, caused by a vulnerability in the install.php script. The install.php script fails to properly validate if an instance of OneOrZero Helpdesk is already installed. This allows an attacker to gain unauthorized administrative access to the program.
Note: The vendor notes in private correspondence that in later versions, the installer has to be removed before the application will work. If the file is present, the program will halt with a warning message.
Upgrade to the latest version (version 220.127.116.11a), available from the OneOrZero Web site. See References.
As a workaround, apply the unofficial patch for this vulnerability, available from the phpSecure.org Web site. See References.
- OneOrZero Web site: OneOrZero Open Source Task Management and Help Desk Software.
- phpSecure.org Web site: phpSecure.org - Welcome !.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Thu May 15 2003 - 12:06:40 CDT: OneOrZero Security Problems (PHP).
- BID-7611: OneOrZero Helpdesk Install.PHP Administrative Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-0304: one||zero (aka One or Zero) Helpdesk 1.4 rc4 allows remote attackers to create administrator accounts by directly calling the install.php Helpdesk Installation script.
- OSVDB ID: 11644: one||zero Helpdesk install.php Arbitrary Admin Account Creation
- OneOrZero OneOrZero Helpdesk 1.4 RC4
May 15, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this