MaxWebPortal could allow an attacker to modify form fields
|maxwebportal-form-field-modify (12278)||Medium Risk|
MaxWebPortal could allow a remote attacker to modify form fields. A remote attacker could save the 'start new topic' HTML page locally and modify hidden form fields, which would allow the attacker to edit the Web content of MaxWebPortal.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the MaxWebPortal Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jun 06 2003 - 11:31:41 CDT: Critical Vulnerabilities In Max Web Portal.
- MaxWebPortal Web site: MaxWebPortal | Home.
- BID-7837: Multiple MaxWebPortal Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2003-1212: MaxWebPortal 1.30 allows remote attackers to perform unauthorized actions by modifying hidden form fields, such as the (1) news, (2) lock, or (3) allmem fields in the 'start new topic' HTML page.
- OSVDB ID: 4933: MaxWebPortal Start New Topic Hidden Form Field Modification
- SA8979: MaxWebPortal Multiple Vulnerabilities
- MaxWebPortal MaxWebPortal 1.30
Jun 06, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this