Abyss Web Server HTTP GET request buffer overflow
|abyss-http-get-bo (12466)||High Risk|
Abyss Web Server is vulnerable to a heap buffer overflow. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP GET request appended with a colon and a backslash (:\) character, a remote attacker can overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with privileges of the Abyss Web Server user.
Upgrade to the latest version of Abyss Web Server (1.1.6 beta or later), available from the Aprelium Technologies Web site. See References.
- Aprelium Technologies Web site: Aprelium Technologies - Download.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jun 29 2003 - 18:43:14 CDT: Aprelium Abyss webserver X1 arbitrary code execution and header injection.
- BID-8062: Abyss Web Server HTTP GET Heap Overrun Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-1337: Heap-based buffer overflow in Aprelium Abyss Web Server 1.1.2 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long HTTP GET request.
- OSVDB ID: 50471: Abyss Web Server GET Request Remote Overflow
- Aprelium Abyss Web Server 1.1.2 and prior
- Aprelium Abyss Web Server 1.1.4
Jun 29, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this