SAP Internet Transaction Server wgat.dll directory traversal
|its-wgatedll-directory-traversal (13066)||Medium Risk|
SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP request to the wgate.dll containing malicious characters in the ~language, ~runtimemode, ~templatelanguage, ~theme or ~template parameter to traverse directories and view arbitrary files on the server, including the configuration file called global.srvc, which contains the username and DES encrypted password.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system (SAP advice 598074, 595383, and 654038), available from the SAP Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Aug 30 2003 - 05:32:42 CDT : SAP Internet Transaction Server.
- SAP Web site: SAP.
- BID-8516: SAP Internet Transaction Server Directory Traversal File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-0748: Directory traversal vulnerability in wgate.dll for SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) 46188.8.131.523011 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via ..\ (dot-dot backslash) sequences in the ~theme parameter and a ~template parameter with a filename followed by space characters, which can prevent SAP from effectively adding a .html extension to the filename.
- OSVDB ID: 6449: SAP Internet Transaction Server wgate.dll Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SAP SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) 46184.108.40.2063011B 46B
Aug 30, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this