SAP Internet Transaction Server ~service parameter cross-site scripting
|its-service-xss (13068)||Medium Risk|
SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could embed malicious script in a specially-crafted URL that contains malicious code in the ~service parameter, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system (SAP advice 598074, 595383, and 654038), available from the SAP Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Aug 30 2003 - 05:32:42 CDT : SAP Internet Transaction Server.
- SAP Web site: SAP.
- BID-8517: SAP Internet Transaction Server Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-0749: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in wgate.dll for SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) 4618.104.22.1683011 allows remote attackers to insert arbitrary web script and steal cookies via the ~service parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 29489: SAP Internet Transaction Server wgate Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 6417: SAP Internet Transaction Server wgate.dll service Parameter XSS
- SAP SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) 4622.214.171.1243011B 46B
Aug 30, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this