Multiple vendor X.400 protocol implementations message buffer overflow
|x400-message-bo (13601)||High Risk|
Multiple vendor X.400 protocol implementations are vulnerable to a buffer overflow. A remote attacker could send a malformed message that does not adhere to the X.400 ASN.1 definitions, to overflow a buffer and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system or cause a denial of service.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- NISCC Vulnerability Advisory 006489/X400: Vulnerability Issues in Implementations of the X.400 Protocol.
- SecuriTeam Mailing List, Security Holes & Exploits 18 Jan 2004: Malformed ASN.1 Exploit Code.
- CVE-2003-0565: Multiple vulnerabilities in multiple vendor implementations of the X.400 protocol allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code via an X.400 message containing certain unexpected ASN.1 constructs, as demonstrated using the NISSC test suite.
- OSVDB ID: 12319: Multiple Vendor X.400 Protocol Malformed ASN.1 Construct Command Execution
- US-CERT VU#927278: Multiple vulnerabilities in X.400 implementations
- Various vendors Any application
Nov 04, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this