Unichat non-alphanumeric characters denial of service
|unichat-nonalphanumeric-character-dos (13610)||Medium Risk|
Unichat is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker can modify the u2res000.rit file by adding non-alphanumeric characters to cause the victim's client to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Nov 01 2003 - 23:58:11 CST : Unichat Vulnerabilities.
- Unichat Web site: Unichat.
- BID-8962: Unichat Unhandled Character Set Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-1188: Unichat allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) by adding extra chat characters (avatars) and logging in to a chat room, as demonstrated using duplicate ACTOR entries in u2res000.rit.
- OSVDB ID: 2844: UniChat Character Handling DoS
- SA10163: UniChat Character Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98
- unichat networks Unichat
Nov 01, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this