X-CD-Roast symlink attack
|xcdroast-symlink (13612)||Medium Risk|
X-CD-Roast is vulnerable to a symlink attack. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability by creating a symbolic link from a file on the system to a X-CD-Roast file to overwrite arbitrary files and gain elevated privileges on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of X-CD-Roast (0.98alpha15 or later), available from the X-CD-Roast Web site. See References.
- X-CD-Roast Web site: Source and Binary packages for X-CD-Roast.
- BID-8983: X-CD-Roast Local Insecure File Creation Symlink Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-1155: X-CD-Roast 0.98 alpha10 through alpha14 allows local users to overwrite arbitrary files via a symlink attack on an unknown file.
- OSVDB ID: 2786: X-CD-Roast Unspecified Symlink Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA10162: X-CD-Roast Insecure File Creation Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1008094: X-CD-Roast Symlink Flaw May Let Local Users Gain Elevated Privileges
- T.Niederreiter X-CD-Roast prior to 0.98alpha15
Nov 04, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this