Ganglia gmond denial of service
|ganglia-gmond-dos (13631)||Medium Risk|
Ganglia is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a vulnerability in gmond. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted packet to cause Ganglia to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Nov 06 2003 - 15:33:18 CST : DoS for Ganglia.
- BID-8988: Ganglia gmond Malformed Packet Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-1163: hash.c in Ganglia gmond 2.5.3 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (segmentation fault) via a UDP packet that contains a single-byte name string, which is used as an out-of-bounds array index.
- OSVDB ID: 2787: Ganglia gmond Malcrafted UDP DoS
- SA10166: Ganglia gmond Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Ganglia Ganglia 2.5.3
Nov 06, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this