Conquest long environment variable buffer overflow
|conquest-long-environment-bo (13640)||High Risk|
Conquest is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By passing a long environment variable to Conquest, a local attacker could overflow a buffer and gain group ID (GID) 'games' privileges.
For Debian GNU/Linux:
Upgrade to the latest conquest package, as listed below. Refer to DSA-398-1 for more information. See References.
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody): 7.1.1-6woody1or later
- BID-8996: Conquest Unspecified Local Environment Variable Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-0933: Buffer overflow in conquest 7.2 and earlier may allow a local user to execute arbitrary code via a long environment variable.
- DSA-398: conquest -- buffer overflow
- OSVDB ID: 33881: Conquest metaGetServerList() Local Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 33882: Conquest SP_CLIENTSTAT processPacket() Remote Memory Corruption
- OSVDB ID: 8333: Conquest Environment Variable Overflow
- Conquest Conquest
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
Nov 10, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this