xsok command execution
|xsok-command-execution (14098)||High Risk|
xsok could allow a local attacker to gain elevated privileges on the system. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary commands on the system with privileges of the GID 'games'.
For Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody):
Upgrade to the latest xsok package (1.02-9woody2 or later), as listed in DSA-405-1. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- BID-9321: XSOK GunZip Path Environment Variable Local Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2003-0949: xsok 1.02 does not properly drop privileges before finding and executing the gunzip program, which allows local users to execute arbitrary commands.
- DSA-405: xsok -- missing privilege release
- OSVDB ID: 3258: xsok gunzip Path Variable Privilege Escalation
- OSVDB ID: 3333: xsok -xsokdir Command-Line Argument Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 6879: xsok LANG Environment Variable Overflow
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- Michael Bischoff xsok
Dec 30, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this