vCard4J NICKNAME cross-site scripting
|vcard4j-nickname-xss (14120)||Medium Risk|
vCard4J is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create a vCard and embed malicious script in the vCard:NICKNAME HTML tags, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser, once the vCard is viewed.
Upgrade to VCard4.1J, when it becomes available from the VCard4J Web page. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Dec 31 2003 - 22:11:22 CST: Possible XSS vuln in VCard4J.
- VCard4J Web page: VCard4J.
- BID-9343: VCard4J Toolkit HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-1794: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the VCard4J Toolkit allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the NICKNAME tag in a vCard.
- OSVDB ID: 17275: VCard4J Toolkit NICKNAME XSS
- SECTRACK ID: 1008582: vCard4J Toolkit Input Validation Flaw May Permit Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- vCard4J Project VCard4J
Dec 31, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this