nd long string buffer overflow
|nd-long-string-bo (14141)||High Risk|
nd is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. A remote attacker, in control of a malicious WebDAV server, could send long strings to overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system, once the victim connects to the malicious server using nd.
Upgrade to the latest version of nd (0.8.2 or later), available from the nd Web page. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody):
Upgrade to the latest nd package (0.5.0-1woody1 or later), as listed in DSA-412-1. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- CIAC Information Bulletin O-047: Debian 'nd' WebDAV command line Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- nd Web page: nd.
- BID-9365: nd Multiple Buffer Overrun Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0014: Multiple buffer overflows in the nd WebDAV interface 0.8.2 and earlier allows remote web servers to execute arbitrary code via certain long strings.
- DSA-412: nd -- buffer overflows
- OSVDB ID: 3329: nd WebDAV Interface String Handling Multiple Overflows
- SA10549: nd Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1008616: nd Buffer Overflow Lets Remote Servers Execute Arbitrary Code
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- Yuuichi Teranishi nd 0.8.1 and prior
Jan 05, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this