Phorum common.php, profile.php, and login.php script cross-site scripting
|phorum-common-xss (14145)||Medium Risk|
Phorum is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper filtering of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could create a malicious URL link containing embedded script to the common.php, profile.php or login.php scripts, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked.
Upgrade to the latest version of Phorum (3.4.6 or later), available from the Phorum Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jan 05 2004 - 16:03:37 CST: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Phorum 3.4.5.
- Phorum Web site: Phorum.org.
- BID-9361: Phorum Multiple Cross-Site Scripting/HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0034: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Phorum 3.4.5 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTML or web script via (1) the phorum_check_xss function in common.php, (2) the EditError variable in profile.php, and (3) the Error variable in login.php.
- OSVDB ID: 3434: Phorum common.php phorum_check_xss Function XSS
- OSVDB ID: 3506: Phorum profile.php EditError Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 3510: Phorum login.php EditError Parameter XSS
- SA10567: Phorum SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1008633: Phorum Input Validation Flaw in `register.php` Permits SQL Injection
- PHP Phorum 3.4
- PHP Phorum 3.4.1
- PHP Phorum 3.4.5
Jan 05, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this