Phorum register.php script SQL injection
|phorum-register-sql-injection (14146)||Medium Risk|
Phorum is vulnerable to SQL injection, caused by a vulnerability in the register.php script. A remote attacker could embed malicious SQL code within the hide_email field, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the registration page is redisplayed and viewed by the victim.
Upgrade to the latest version of Phorum (3.4.6 or later), available from the Phorum Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jan 05 2004 - 16:03:37 CST: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Phorum 3.4.5.
- Phorum Web site: Phorum.org.
- BID-9361: Phorum Multiple Cross-Site Scripting/HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- BID-9363: Phorum Registration Script hide_email SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0035: SQL injection vulnerability in register.php for Phorum 3.4.5 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the hide_email parameter.
- CVE-2004-2110: SQL injection vulnerability in register.php in Phorum before 3.4.6 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the hide_email parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 3508: Phorum register.php hide_email Parameter SQL Injection
- SA10567: Phorum SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- PHP Phorum 3.4
- PHP Phorum 3.4.1
- PHP Phorum 3.4.5
Jan 05, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this