FirstClass Client executes code without displaying a warning dialog
|firstclassclient-execute-code (14151)||High Risk|
FirstClass Client could allow a remote attacker to execute code on the system. FirstClass Client executes a local file without providing a warning dialog. A remote attacker could create a URL that opens a malicious file that would be executed in the victim's Web browser, once the link is clicked.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- FirstClass Web page: FirstClass Division, Open Text Corporation.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Mon Feb 02 2004 - 01:41:38 CST: FirstClass 7.1: Bypass File Execution Warning.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Mon Jan 05 2004 - 17:40:15 CST: FirstClass Client 7.1: Command Execution via Email Web Link.
- BID-9370: Open Text Corporation FirstClass Local File Reference Command Execution Vulnerability
- BID-9551: Open Text Corporation FirstClass Malicious File Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0037: FirstClass Desktop Client 7.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via hyperlinks in FirstClass RTF messages.
- OSVDB ID: 3442: FirstClass Desktop Client RTF Hyperlink Arbitrary Command Execution
- OSVDB ID: 3823: FirstClass Client File Extensions Restriction Bypass
- SA10556: FirstClass Client RTF Document Link Execution of Arbitrary Commands
- SA10764: FirstClass Client File Extensions Restriction Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1008609: FirstClass Desktop Client `file://` URLs Execute Local Files Without Presenting a Warning Dialog
- Centrinity FirstClass Client 7.1
Jan 05, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this