Jabber SSL connections denial of service
|jabber-ssl-connections-dos (14158)||Medium Risk|
Jabber is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a vulnerability when handling SSL connections. A remote attacker can exploit this vulnerability to cause Jabber to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Jabber (1.4.3 or later), available from the jabberd Web page. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody):
Upgrade to the latest jabber package (1.4.2a-1.1woody1 or later), as listed in DSA-414-1. See References.
For Mandrake Linux:
Upgrade to the latest jabber package, as listed below. Refer to MandrakeSoft Security Advisory MDKSA-2004:005 : jabber for more information. See References.
Mandrake Linux 9.1: 1.4.2a-10.1.91mdk or later
Mandrake Linux 9.2: 1.4.2a-10.1.92mdk or later
Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 2.1: 1.4.2a-10.1.C21mdk or later
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- jabberd Web page: jabberd project.
- BID-9376: Jabber Server SSL Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- BID-9710: Jabber Software Jabber Gadu-Gadu Transport Multiple Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0013: jabber 1.4.2, 1.4.2a, and possibly earlier versions, does not properly handle SSL connections, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash).
- DSA-414: jabber -- denial of service
- MDKSA-2004:005: Updated jabber packages fix DoS vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 3345: jabberd SSL DoS
- SA10559: jabberd SSL Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- Jabber Software Foundation Jabber prior to 1.4.3
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 9.1 PPC
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 9.1
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 9.2
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 9.2 AMD64
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 2.1
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 2.1 X86_64
Jan 07, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this