PhpGedView $PGV_BASE_DIRECTORY PHP file include
|phpgedview-pgvbasedirectory-file-include (14159)||Medium Risk|
PhpGedView could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the functions.php, authentication_index.php, or config_gedcom.php script using the $PGV_BASE_DIRECTORY variable to specify a malicious file from a remote system as a parameter, which would allow the attacker to execute code on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 06 2004 - 00:19:55 CST : Vuln in PHPGEDVIEW 2.61 Multi-Problem.
- BID-9368: PhpGedView Multiple PHP Remote File Include Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0030: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in (1) functions.php, (2) authentication_index.php, and (3) config_gedcom.php for PHPGEDVIEW 2.61 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code by modifying the PGV_BASE_DIRECTORY parameter to reference a URL on a remote web server that contains the code.
- OSVDB ID: 3343: PhpGedView $PGV_BASE_DIRECTORY PHP File Include
- SA10565: PhpGedView Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA10753: PhpGedView Arbitrary File Inclusion Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1008632: PhpGedView Input Validation Flaws Let Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Commands
- PhpGedView PhpGedView 2.61
Jan 06, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this