PhpGedView search.php cross-site scripting
|phpgedview-search-xss (14160)||Medium Risk|
PhpGedView is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could create a malicious URL link to the search.php script containing embedded code in the firstname variable, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 06 2004 - 00:19:55 CST : Vuln in PHPGEDVIEW 2.61 Multi-Problem.
- BID-9369: PhpGedView Search Script Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0032: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in search.php in PHPGEDVIEW 2.61 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTML and web script via the firstname parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 3402: PhpGedView search.php XSS
- SA10565: PhpGedView Multiple Vulnerabilities
- PhpGedView PhpGedView 2.61
Jan 06, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this