SnapStream quotation character cross-site scripting
|snapstream-quotation-xss (14164)||High Risk|
SnapStream PVS (Personal Video Station) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create a malicious URL link containing a specially placed quotation (") character and embedded code, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 06 2004 - 17:02:55 CST : SnapStream PVS LITE Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabillity.
- SnapStream Web site: SnapStream - Home.
- BID-9375: SnapStream PVS Lite Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0046: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SnapStream PVS LITE allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a GET request containing a terminating '' (double quote) character.
- OSVDB ID: 3440: Snapstream Personal Video Station (PVS) Lite XSS
- SA10575: Snapstream Personal Video Station Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1008646: SnapStream PVS LITE Input Validation Flaw Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- SnapStream Snapstream PVS LITE
Jan 06, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this