Payshield incorrect request verification
|payshield-incorrect-request-verification (14832)||Low Risk|
payShield may incorrectly verify requests, caused by a vulnerability in the host -side SPP library. If a remote attacker with access to the payShield application sends multiple invalid requests, the library could give a 'Status_OK' response, when the actual status is a different value. The correct value is not returned to the calling function, but is logged. If the library is in constant use, the error will occur once every three minutes.
Contact nCipher Support to obtain the latest version of payShield. See References.
- nCipher Security Advisory No. 8: payShield library may verify bad requests.
- nCipher Web site: payShield library may verify bad requests.
- BID-9422: nCipher payShield SPP Library Bad Request Verification Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0063: The SPP_VerifyPVV function in nCipher payShield SPP library 1.3.12, 1.5.18 and 1.6.18 returns a Status_OK value even if the HSM returns a different status code, which could cause applications to make incorrect security-critical decisions, e.g. by accepting an invalid PIN number.
- OSVDB ID: 3537: nCipher payShield SPP Library Bad Request Verification
- nCipher payShield 1.3.12
- nCipher payShield 1.5.18
- nCipher payShield 1.6.18
Jan 14, 2003
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this