ShopCartCGI "dot dot" directory traversal
|shopcartcgi-dotdot-directory-traversal (14982)||Medium Risk|
ShopCartCGI could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP request to the multiple scripts, including the gotopage.cgi script and the genindexpage.cg script containing "dot dot" (/../) sequences to traverse directories and view arbitrary files on the server.
No remedy available as of July 6, 2008.
- Zone-h Security Advisory ZH2004-06SA: ShopCartCGI v2.3 Remote arbitrary file retrieving.
- BID-9670: ShopCartCGI Remote File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0293: Directory traversal vulnerability in ShopCartCGI 2.3 allows remote attackers to retrieve arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in a HTTP request to (1) gotopage.cgi or (2) genindexpage.cgi.
- OSVDB ID: 3978: ShopCartCGI gotopage.cgi Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- OSVDB ID: 4018: ShopCartCGI genindexpage.cgi Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- Joe Spanicek ShopCartCGI 2.3
Feb 17, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this