WWW-Form cross-site scripting
|wwwform-xss (14985)||Medium Risk|
WWW-Form is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP request to the module, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser, once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookies.
Upgrade to the latest version of WWW-Form (1.13 or later), available from the Benjamin Schmaus / WWW-Form-1.13 Web site. See References.
- Benjamin Schmaus / WWW-Form-1.13: WWW-Form-1.23.
- SecuriTeam Mailing List, UNIX focus 29 Jan 2004: Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability In CPAN WWW::Form Perl Module.
- BID-9526: CPAN WWW::Form HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2332: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in CPAN WWW::Form before 1.13 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unknown vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 19838: WWW::Form for Perl (CPAN) Unspecified XSS
- SA10751: WWW::Form Potential Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Benjamin Schmaus WWW-Form 1.12 and prior
Jan 28, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this