McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Content-Length header HTTP POST buffer overflow
|epolicy-contentlength-post-bo (14989)||High Risk|
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePo) is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By sending an HTTP POST request with an invalid value in the Content-Length header, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the system to crash, or possibly execute arbitrary code on the system.
Apply the appropriate patches for your system, as listed in Secunia Security Advisory: SA10742. See References.
For Mandrake Linux:
Upgrade to the latest squid package as listed below. Refer to MandrakeSoft Security Advisory MDKSA-2005:014 for more information. See References.
Mandrake Linux 9.2: 2.5.STABLE3-3.5.92mdk or later
Mandrake Linux 10.0: 2.5.STABLE4-2.3.100mdk or later
Mandrake Linux 10.1: 2.5.STABLE6-2.2.101mdk or later
Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 2.1: 2.4.STABLE7-2.3.C21mdk or later
Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0: 2.5.STABLE4-2.3.C30mdk or later
- BID-9476: McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Agent HTTP POST Buffer Mismanagement Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0095: McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator agent allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption and crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via an HTTP POST request with an invalid Content-Length value, possibly triggering a buffer overflow.
- OSVDB ID: 3744: McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Invalid Content-Length DoS
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 10.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 10.1
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 9.2
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 2.1
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.0
Jan 29, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this